- Great American Smokeout: November 21, 2013
- Kick Butts Day: March 19, 2014
Healthy Campus Committee / Tobacco
Show Your Support for a Healthier Campus Environment; Take The Tobacco Free Pledge to Honor Florida State University's decision to go Tobacco FREE!
For the health and wellness of the campus community, effective January 1, 2014, the FSU campus will be entirely tobacco-free.
As a top-tier research university, FSU sets the example for other organizations through its policies and practices, including those associated with the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Hundreds of colleges and universities across the country have adopted tobacco-free policies in keeping with a growing movement that spans both private and public sector areas to restrict exposure to toxic and human cancer-causing substances.
Numerous research studies have clearly shown that second-hand smoke impacts people’s health, including those suffering from asthma and other respiratory conditions. Everyone has the right to work and live in environments that are free of risks and effects associated with tobacco use.
It is important that everyone participate in the establishment and maintenance of our tobacco-free campus. This shared enforcement responsibility will ensure a healthy environment for all of us, as well as reduce the hazards, accidental fires, and costs associated with the disposal of discarded tobacco products.
Our Tobacco-Free Policy Promotes Health & Wellness for Our Campus Community
- Read the FSU Tobacco Free Policy here
- Interested in Quitting? Help is available for anyone who would like to quit smoking/using other tobacco products through the Smoking Cessation Program at University Health Services and the College of Medicine's Area Health Education Center (AHEC).
- There are plenty of local resources available to residents of Leon county through Tobacco Free Leon. Check out their website to find out more information or to get involved!
- Visit Tobacco Free Florida to learn more about current issues, how to quit or how to help someone you love quit using tobacco products.
Interested in promoting Tobacco Free FSU in your department or organization? Please use the items provided here.
For departments interested in printing banners and yard signs, the UPS store on campus has several TF FSU-Approved files ready to print. Please see the list for available items. Printing costs are the responsibility of the department requesting the items. Please contact Aaron Thomas at email@example.com for pricing. Should you require co-branded items or would like an item for your area that is not currently listed, please contact the Tobacco Free FSU team at firstname.lastname@example.org.